Search Console tools and reports help you measure your site’s search traffic and performance, fix issues, and make your site shine.
When it comes to improving the search metrics of your site, Google Search Console (GSC) is where you need to start to be able to develop a plan to get to where you want to be. Google Search Console is a great free tool to do just that. Search Console tools and reports help you measure your site’s search traffic and performance, fix issues, and make your site shine in Google Search results. It can help you in a number of ways:
- Optimizing your content with search analytics
- Getting your content on Google and ranking more quickly
- Provide you email alerts on issues and let you know how to fix them
- Get a clear understanding of how Google sees your pages and content and how to make a better user experience
Many of our new clients already have an instance and they just need to provide us access as a user. Fortunately, adding users to your Search Console account is super simple. All you have to do is follow the steps listed out below. For those that need a completely new instance, we can help create that for you and provide you with admin access for quick viewing going forward. If you’re interested in more training, check out the Google Search Console YouTube channel.
Log In to Google Search Console
Note: If you do not have an account, we can easily create one for you and sync it up to your website. We will need your email address to add you as an administrator on all of the accounts.
In most cases, if you have logged in before (GSC) will recognize your IP address.
You should see a dashboard that looks like the image below:
2. Once you get the dashboard you will see ‘Settings’ in the lower left-hand menu of your screen. Click it.
3. Once there, click the arrow beside “Users and Permissions”.
4. Once there, click “Add User” in the upper right corner. Drop your user’s email address and determine what their role is in Google Search Console will be, and click Add
Note: If you are adding Samba Scientific to your GA account, we ask that you list us as an Administrator. This allows us to work without having to bug you constantly.
Pro Tip: Use a Gmail account when possible, the setup is much easier.
Once you have this set, Google Search Console will send an automated email to the new user.
Want to take your Google Search optimization to the next level? Samba Scientific is here to help!