Last Updated: March 29, 2022
Who we are?
Samba Scientific, LLC’s headquarters and registered office address is at 1079 S Hover St #200, Longmont CO 80501.
Jared Snider is the data controller and can be contacted by email at [email protected]
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our website.
- When you sign up for our newsletter or complete our contact form.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, technical conferences, trade organization and industry memberships, our marketing partners, public sources or social networks.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales and direct marketing. We also collect data about suppliers, partners, and persons seeking a job or working for our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications after a purchase or when requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where we have a legitimate interest.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our website (e.g. to download a whitepaper or listen to a webinar).
- Follow up on incoming requests (product and service inquiries, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide products and services, and operate, evaluate and improve our business.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
- Conduct automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consent
We may collect personal information based on your consent.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations and to provide support related to purchases, contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes and products and services support functions. We also use personal data for employment purposes.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title, physical and email address, in addition to your company’s name and company contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments, and questions received from you in sales-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our website, we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the website.
If you apply for a job, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw consent to personal data processing. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from us, such as system messages, and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and, if possible when technically feasible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
- The right to contact or file a complaint with regulators or supervisory authorities about the processing of your personal data.
Any query about your privacy rights should be sent to Jared Snider, [email protected].
Third party content
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data directly from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) or knowingly allow such persons to use the website or register for our Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use this website or register for our Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, email address, or phone number.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Data and other information we hold in our records. We exercise reasonable security measures consistent with industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Data stored in our databases, and to prevent unauthorized use, alteration, corruption, or disclosure of that Personal Data. Personal Data stored in our possession is maintained behind firewalls.
While we believe our policies and practices regarding information security and integrity are reasonable, we cannot guarantee that the security and/or integrity of Personal Data will not be breached or that such Personal Data will not be subject to unauthorized access, alteration, corruption, or disclosure. We review our information security policies and practices periodically and may update them as we determine reasonably necessary to achieve information security and integrity consistent with industry standards
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your Personal Data with third parties without your consent, except as is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, subcontractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf. We may also share information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of subcontractors (processors and sub-processors)
We may use subcontractors to process personal data on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are responsible for keeping your personal data secure.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the website, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through website, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. Our website does not respond to your browser’s “do-not-track” signals.
Questions, Concerns, or Comments
Data Controller Contact
Jason Amsbaugh, [email protected]